Definition of 'supply teacher'
Example sentences containing 'supply teacher'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
The regular teacher had been absent and a supply teacher had filled in the red marks in the column. IN REAL LIFEHer class had been taken by a supply teacher, a woman they didn't normally use who had done IN REAL LIFE
Trends of 'supply teacher'
Used Rarely. supply teacher is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'supply teacher'
British English: supply teacher /səˈplaɪ ˈtiːtʃə/ NOUN
A supply teacher is a teacher whose job is to take the place of other teachers at different schools when they are unable to be there.
- American English: substitute teacher
- Arabic: مُدَرِّسٌ بَدِيل
- Brazilian Portuguese: professor substituto
- Chinese: 代课教员
- Croatian: učitelj na zamjeni
- Czech: suplující učitel
- Danish: vikar
- Dutch: invaller in school
- European Spanish: profesor suplente
- Finnish: sijaisopettaja
- French: professeur remplaçant
- German: Aushilfslehrer
- Greek: αναπληρωτής δάσκαλος
- Italian: supplente
- Japanese: 臨時教員
- Korean: 대리 교사
- Norwegian: lærervikar
- Polish: nauczyciel na zastępstwie
- European Portuguese: professor substituto
- Romanian: profesor suplinitor
- Russian: временный заместитель учителя
- Spanish: profesor suplente
- Swedish: vikarie
- Thai: ครูตัวแทน
- Turkish: yedek öğretmen
- Ukrainian: вчитель, який замінює іншого вчителя
- Vietnamese: giáo viên dạy thay
Definition of supply teacher from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.