Definition of 'toddler'
Video: pronunciation of 'toddler'
Trends of 'toddler'
Used Occasionally. toddler is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'toddler'
British English: toddler /ˈtɒdlə/ NOUN
A toddler is a young child who has only just learnt to walk.
I had a toddler at home and two other children at school.
- American English: toddler
- Arabic: طِفْلٌ صَغِيرٌ يَبْدَأُ الـمَشْي
- Brazilian Portuguese: criança que começa a andar
- Chinese: 蹒跚学步的孩子
- Croatian: malo dijete
- Czech: batole
- Danish: lille barn
- Dutch: kleuter
- European Spanish: niño pequeño
- Finnish: taapero
- French: bambin
- German: Kleinkind
- Greek: νήπιο
- Italian: bambino piccolo
- Japanese: よちよち歩きの幼児
- Korean: 아장아장 걷는 아이
- Norwegian: småbarn
- Polish: berbeć
- European Portuguese: criança que começa a andar
- Romanian: copil care începe să umble
- Russian: ребенок, начинающих ходить
- Spanish: niño pequeño
- Swedish: litet barn
- Thai: เด็กวัยหัดเดิน
- Turkish: yeni yürümeye başlayan çocuk
- Ukrainian: маля
- Vietnamese: đứa trẻ mới biết đi
Definition of toddler from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.