Definition of 'tour operator'
Trends of 'tour operator'
Used Occasionally. tour operator is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'tour operator'
British English: tour operator /ˈtuərɔpəreɪtə/ NOUN
A tour operator is a company that provides holidays in which your travel and accommodation are booked for you.
- American English: tour operator
- Arabic: مُنَظِّمُ الرِّحْلات
- Brazilian Portuguese: operadora de turismo
- Chinese: 旅行社
- Croatian: organizator putovanja
- Czech: cestovní kancelář
- Danish: rejsearrangør
- Dutch: reisorganisatie
- European Spanish: operador turístico
- Finnish: matkanjärjestäjä
- French: voyagiste
- German: Reiseveranstalter
- Greek: τουρ οπερέιτορ
- Italian: tour operator
- Japanese: 旅行業者
- Korean: 여행사
- Norwegian: turoperatør
- Polish: organizator imprez turystycznych
- European Portuguese: operador turístico
- Romanian: agenție de turism
- Russian: туроператор
- Spanish: operador turístico
- Swedish: researrangör
- Thai: บริษัทดำเนินธุรกิจการท่องเที่ยว
- Turkish: tur operatörü
- Ukrainian: туроператор
- Vietnamese: công ty du lịch
Definition of tour operator from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.