Definition of 'traffic warden'
Example sentences containing 'traffic warden'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Why not put traffic wardens onto it? Times, Sunday Times (2015)Traffic wardens are not the most popular people in the world. Times, Sunday Times (2006)One of our officers tried to get a radio off a traffic warden when we learnt the extent of what happened. The Sun (2012)Let alone traffic wardens or park wardens, for that matter. Times, Sunday Times (2016)He also stopped to chat to a traffic warden in Newcastle city centre. The Sun (2009)Bring on the traffic wardens, please. Times, Sunday Times (2007)We stop and talk to a traffic warden and a street cleaner, then give them some leaflets. Times, Sunday Times (2013)I suggest he takes a closer look at traffic wardens. Times, Sunday Times (2009)He was gone for over 20 minutes but escaped without a fine as no traffic warden was in sight. The Sun (2013)Critics are culture's traffic wardens. Times, Sunday Times (2007)Reluctant to put their own traffic wardens in the line of fire, could the club send somebody out and ask them to move? Times, Sunday Times (2015)
Trends of 'traffic warden'
Used Rarely. traffic warden is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'traffic warden'
British English: traffic warden /ˈtræfɪk ˈwɔːdn/ NOUN
A traffic warden is a person whose job is to make sure that cars are not parked illegally.
- American English: parking enforcement officer
- Arabic: شُرْطِيُّ الـمُرُور
- Brazilian Portuguese: guarda de trânsito
- Chinese: 交通管理员
- Croatian: prometnik
- Czech: dopravní strážník
- Danish: parkeringsvagt
- Dutch: verkeersagent
- European Spanish: guardia de tráfico
- Finnish: pysäköinninvalvoja
- French: agent de la circulation
- German: Verkehrspolizist
- Greek: υπάλληλος που ελέγχει τη στάθμευση
- Italian: vigile urbano
- Japanese: 交通監視員
- Korean: 교통 감시관
- Norwegian: trafikkbetjent
- Polish: funkcjonariusz służby drogowej
- European Portuguese: polícia de trânsito
- Romanian: agent de circulație
- Russian: инспектор дорожного движения
- Spanish: guardia de tráfico
- Swedish: trafikvakt
- Thai: เจ้าหน้าที่การจัดการจราจร
- Turkish: trafik memuru
- Ukrainian: інспектор дорожнього руху
- Vietnamese: nhân viên kiểm soát giao thông
Definition of traffic warden from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
Live well without sacrificing your quality of life
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.