Definition of 'trial period'
Example sentences containing 'trial period'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Trends of 'trial period'
Used Occasionally. trial period is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'trial period'
British English: trial period /ˈtraɪəl ˈpɪərɪəd/ NOUN
If you are on a trial period for a job, you do the job for a short period of time to see if you are suitable for it.
- American English: trial period
- Arabic: فِتْرَةٌ تَـجْرِيبِيَّة
- Brazilian Portuguese: período de experiência
- Chinese: 试用期
- Croatian: probni period
- Czech: zkušební lhůta
- Danish: forsøgsperiode
- Dutch: proefperiode
- European Spanish: periodo de prueba
- Finnish: koeaika
- French: période d’essai
- German: Probezeit
- Greek: δοκιμαστική περίοδος
- Italian: periodo di prova
- Japanese: 試用期間
- Korean: 시험 채용 기간
- Norwegian: prøveperiode
- Polish: okres próbny
- European Portuguese: período de experiência
- Romanian: perioadă de probă
- Russian: испытательный срок
- Spanish: periodo de prueba
- Swedish: försöksperiod
- Thai: ระยะเวลาทดลอง
- Turkish: deneme süresi
- Ukrainian: випробний термін
- Vietnamese: thời gian thử nghiệm
Definition of trial period from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.