Definition of 'UK'
Trends of 'UK'
Very Common. uk is one of the 4000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'UK'
British English: UK /juː keɪ/ NOUN
The UK is Great Britain and Northern Ireland. UK is an abbreviation for `United Kingdom'.
- American English: UK
- Arabic: الـمَمْلَكَةُ الـمُتَّحِدَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: Reino Unido
- Chinese: 英国
- Croatian: UK
- Czech: Spojené království
- Danish: det Forenede Kongerige
- Dutch: VK
- European Spanish: RU
- Finnish: Yhdistynyt kuningaskunta
- French: Royaume-Uni
- German: Vereinigtes Königreich
- Greek: Η.Β.
- Italian: Regno Unito
- Japanese: 英国
- Korean: UK
- Norwegian: Storbritannia og Nord-Irland
- Polish: Wielka Brytania
- European Portuguese: Reino Unido
- Romanian: Regatul Unit al Marii Britanii și Irlandei de Nord
- Russian: Великобритания
- Spanish: RU
- Swedish: Storbritannien och Nordirland
- Thai: ตัวย่อของสหราชอาณาจักรอังกฤษ
- Turkish: İngiltere
- Ukrainian: Велика Британія
- Vietnamese: Vương quốc Anh
Definition of UK from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Smarter tech can be a game-changer for those with different needs
Improving accessibility when banking is a key focus this year, here are some of ways tech is helping make managing money easier for everyone.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.