Definition of 'undergraduate'
Video: pronunciation of 'undergraduate'
Example sentences containing 'undergraduate'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Zerk had gone both ways as linebacker and fullback at Tufts as an undergraduate. THE DUTCH BLUE ERROR (2002)He had the feeling of an undergraduate about him -- dissolute, uncaring, loose -- a very bad combination for a spy, thought Schneider. THE COMPANY OF STRANGERS (2002)Harry came bounding up the steps, his college scarf flung across his neck as if he were still an undergraduate. GOODBYE CURATE (2002)
Trends of 'undergraduate'
In Common Usage. undergraduate is one of the 10000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'undergraduate'
British English: undergraduate /ˌʌndəˈɡrædjʊɪt/ NOUN
An undergraduate is a student at a university or college who is studying for his or her first degree.
...a 21-year-old history undergraduate.
- American English: undergraduate
- Arabic: طَالِبٌ جَامِعِيٌّ لَمْ يَتَخَرَّجْ بَعْدُ
- Brazilian Portuguese: universitário
- Chinese: 大学本科生
- Croatian: student
- Czech: vysokoškolák
- Danish: bachelorstuderende
- Dutch: student
- European Spanish: estudiante universitario
- Finnish: opiskelija (jolla ei vielä ole alempaa korkeakoulututkintoa)
- French: étudiant en premier cycle
- German: Student
- Greek: προπτυχιακός φοιτητής
- Italian: laureando laureanda
- Japanese: 学部学生
- Korean: 대학 재학생
- Norwegian: student
- Polish: student na studiach licencjackich
- European Portuguese: universitário
- Romanian: student
- Russian: студент
- Spanish: estudiante universitario
- Swedish: universitetsstudent
- Thai: นักศึกษาระดับปริญญาตรี
- Turkish: üniversite mezunu
- Ukrainian: студент
- Vietnamese: sinh viên đại học
Definition of undergraduate from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.