Definition of 'washing powder'
Example sentences containing 'washing powder'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
The temperature of the wash did not make a clear difference but use of biological washing powders tended to result in more fibres being released. Times, Sunday Times (2016)RITA ORA clearly uses strong washing powder. The Sun (2015)
Trends of 'washing powder'
Used Rarely. washing powder is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'washing powder'
British English: washing powder /ˈwɒʃɪŋ ˈpaʊdə/ NOUN
Washing powder is a powder that you use with water to wash clothes.
- American English: laundry detergent
- Arabic: مَسْحُوقُ الغَسِيل
- Brazilian Portuguese: sabão em pó
- Chinese: 洗衣粉
- Croatian: prašak za pranje rublja
- Czech: prací prášek
- Danish: vaskepulver
- Dutch: waspoeder
- European Spanish: detergente
- Finnish: pesuaine
- French: lessive en poudre
- German: Waschpulver
- Greek: απορρυπαντικό σε σκόνη
- Italian: detersivo in polvere
- Japanese: 粉末洗剤
- Korean: 가루 세탁 비누
- Norwegian: vaskepulver
- Polish: proszek do prania
- European Portuguese: sabão em pó
- Romanian: detergent de rufe
- Russian: стиральный порошок
- Spanish: detergente
- Swedish: tvättmedel
- Thai: ผงซักฟอก
- Turkish: çamaşır tozu
- Ukrainian: пральний порошок
- Vietnamese: bột giặt
Definition of washing powder from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.