Definition of 'whistle-blowing'
Trends of 'whistle-blowing'
Used Rarely. whistle-blowing is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'whistle-blowing'
British English: whistle-blowing NOUN
Whistle-blowing is the act of telling the authorities or the public that the organization you are working for is doing something immoral or illegal.
It took internal whistle-blowing and investigative journalism to uncover the rot.
- American English: whistle-blowing
- Brazilian Portuguese: delação
- Chinese: > 检举 >自己所工作的机构或组织
- European Spanish: denuncia de irregularidades
- French: dénonciations
- German: Verpfeifen
- Italian: denuncia di attività illegali di un'organizzazione dal suo interno
- Japanese: 内部告発
- Korean: 고발
- European Portuguese: delação
- Spanish: denuncia de irregularidades
Definition of whistle-blowing from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.