Definition of 'windscreen wiper'
Trends of 'windscreen wiper'
Used Rarely. windscreen wiper is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'windscreen wiper'
British English: windscreen wiper /ˈwɪndskriːn ˈwaɪpə/ NOUN
A windscreen wiper is a device that wipes rain from a vehicle's windscreen.
- American English: windshield wiper
- Arabic: مَسَّاحَةٌ لزُجَاجِ السَّيَّارَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: limpadores do pára-brisa
- Chinese: 风挡刮水器
- Croatian: brisač
- Czech: stěrač předního skla
- Danish: vinduesvisker
- Dutch: ruitensproeier
- European Spanish: limpiaparabrisas
- Finnish: tuulilasinpyyhkijä
- French: essuie-glace
- German: Scheibenwischer
- Greek: υαλοκαθαριστήρας
- Italian: tergicristallo
- Japanese: フロントガラスのワイパー
- Korean: 창유리 닦개
- Norwegian: vindusvisker
- Polish: wycieraczka przedniej szyby
- European Portuguese: limpadores do pára-brisas
- Romanian: ștergător de parbriz
- Russian: стеклоочиститель
- Spanish: limpiaparabrisas
- Swedish: vindrutetorkare
- Thai: ที่ปัดกระจก
- Turkish: cam sileceği
- Ukrainian: очищувач скла
- Vietnamese: cần gạt nước
Definition of windscreen wiper from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.