English translation of 'sorgen für'
See also sorgen
(= sich kümmern um) to take care of; (= vorsorgen für) to provide for; (= herbeischaffen) [Proviant, Musik] to provide; (= bewirken) to ensure; [Aufregung] to cause
Copyright © by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'sorgen für' in Other Languages
British English: provide for /prəˈvaɪd fɔː; fə/ VERB
If you provide for someone, you support them financially and make sure that they have the things that they need.
She won't let him provide for her.
- American English: provide for
- Arabic: يُزَوِد
- Brazilian Portuguese: prover a subsistência
- Chinese: 供养
- Croatian: pobrinuti se za
- Czech: zaopatřit
- Danish: sørge for
- Dutch: onderhouden verzorgen
- European Spanish: mantener sustentar
- Finnish: elättää
- French: subvenir
- German: sorgen für
- Greek: φροντίζω
- Italian: provvedere
- Japanese: 準備する
- Korean: 돕다
- Norwegian: ta forholdsregler mot
- Polish: utrzymać
- European Portuguese: prover a subsistência
- Romanian: a întreține
- Russian: обеспечивать (средствами к существованию)
- Spanish: mantener proveer
- Swedish: försörja
- Thai: จัดหาให้
- Turkish: geçimini sağlamak
- Ukrainian: забезпечувати
- Vietnamese: trợ cấp
British English: fend VERB
If you have to fend for yourself, you have to look after yourself without relying on help from anyone else.
The woman and her young baby had been thrown out and left to fend for themselves.
Translation of sorgen für from the Collins German to English Dictionary