English translation of 'उछाल'
1. boom countable noun, intransitive verb
If there is a boom in something such as the economy, or if it is booming, it increases or develops very quickly.
...the 1980s property boom.
Sales are booming.
2. hop intransitive verb, countable noun
When you hop, you move along by jumping on one foot. A movement like this is called a hop.
3. jump intransitive verb, countable noun
If an amount or level jumps, or if there is a jump in an amount or level, it suddenly increases by a large amount in a short time.
Sales jumped from $94 million to over $101 million.
...a big jump in profits.
4. skip intransitive verb, countable noun
If you skip along, you move along with a series of little jumps from one foot to the other, called skips.
They skipped down the street.
Anna gave a little skip of joy.
5. upturn countable noun
If there is an upturn in the economy or in a company or industry, it becomes more successful.
2. mn/uchala, uchAla, uchaala, uchāl, uchal, uchAl, uchaal, uchhala, uchhAla, uchhaala, uchhāl, uchhal, uchhAl, uchhaal/
1. bounce transitive or intransitive verb, countable noun
When something such as a ball bounces, or when you bounce it, it moves upwards or away immediately after hitting a surface. This movement is called a bounce.
The ball bounced right in front of them.
I bounced a ball against the house.
...two bounces of the ball.
2. leap intransitive verb, countable noun
You can say that things leap or take a leap when they suddenly advance or increase by a large amount.
Their share will leap to about 15 per cent.
...a giant leap in productivity.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Translation of उछाल from the Collins Hindi to English Dictionary