English translation of 'घटना'
1. dwindle intransitive verb
If something dwindles, it becomes smaller, weaker, or less in number.
The factory's workforce has dwindled in size.
...his dwindling authority.
2. index transitive verb
If a quantity or value is indexed to another, a system is arranged so that it increases or decreases whenever the other one increases or decreases.
Their wages are indexed to price increases.
3. last ordinal number, pronoun
The last thing, person, event, or period of time is the one that happens or comes after all the others of the same kind.
...the last three pages of the chapter.
My aunt and uncle were the last ones to leave.
4. narrow transitive or intransitive verb
If something narrows, or if you narrow it, its extent, range, or scope becomes smaller.
The EU and America narrowed their political differences.
5. recede intransitive verb
If a man's hair starts to recede, it no longer grows on the front of his head.
6. sink intransitive verb
If something sinks to a lower level or standard, it falls to that level or standard.
Pay increases have sunk to around seven per cent.
2. nf/ghatana, ghatanA, ghatanaa, ghatanā, ghtana, ghtanA, ghtanaa, ghtanā, ghatna, ghatnA, ghatnaa, ghatnā, ghtna, ghtnA, ghtnaa, ghtnā, ghaTana, ghaTanA, ghaTanaa, ghaTanā, ghTana, ghTanA, ghTanaa, ghTanā, ghaTna, ghaTnA, ghaTnaa, ghaTnā, ghTna, ghTnA, ghTnaa, ghTnā, ghaṭana, ghaṭanA, ghaṭanaa, ghaṭanā, ghṭana, ghṭanA, ghṭanaa, ghṭanā, ghaṭna, ghaṭnA, ghaṭnaa, ghaṭnā, ghṭna, ghṭnA, ghṭnaa, ghṭnā/
1. event countable noun
An event is something that happens.
...recent events in Europe.
The event was a great success.
2. first singular noun
An event that is described as a first has never happened before.
The meeting was a first for the company.
3. happening countable noun
Happenings are things that happen, often in a way that is unexpected or hard to explain.
Their team of reporters will cover the latest happenings.
4. incidence variable noun
The incidence of something (usually something bad) is the frequency with which it occurs, or the occasions when it occurs.
We are seeing a fall in the incidence of crime.
5. incident countable noun
An incident is an event, especially one involving something unpleasant.[formal]
Police were still investigating the incident yesterday.
6. occurrence countable noun
An occurrence is something that happens.[formal]
Complaints seemed to be an everyday occurrence.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Translation of घटना from the Collins Hindi to English Dictionary