English translation of 'निंदा'
nf/ninda, nindA, nindaa, nindā/
1. censure transitive verb, uncountable noun
If someone is censured or if they attract censure, they are criticized strongly.[formal]
He refuses to censure his son.
This policy has attracted international censure.
2. condemnation /ˌkɒndemˈneɪʃən ˌकॉन्डेमˈनेइशन्/ variable noun
There was general condemnation of Saturday's killings.
3. denigration uncountable noun
He wrote about his wife's constant denigration.
4. denunciation variable noun
A denunciation of someone or something is a severe public criticism of them.
5. disparagement uncountable noun
There was a certain tone of disparagement in his voice.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Translation of निंदा from the Collins Hindi to English Dictionary