English translation of रुकावट
रुकावटPowered by COBUILD /rukavata/
Definitions and Translations
1. barrier countable noun
A barrier is something such as a law or policy that makes it difficult or impossible for something to happen.
⇒ Taxes are the most obvious barrier to free trade.
2. hindrance uncountable noun
Hindrance is the act of hindering someone or something.
⇒ They boarded their flight to Paris without hindrance.
3. hurdle countable noun
A hurdle is a difficulty that you must overcome in order to achieve something.
⇒ Preparing a CV is the first hurdle in a job search.
4. impediment countable noun
An impediment to something prevents it from happening, or from progressing or developing easily. [formal]
⇒ This latest development is a major impediment to peace.
5. interruption variable noun
⇒ ...interruptions in the supply of food.
6. interruption variable noun
⇒ The sudden interruption stopped Linda in mid-sentence. ⇒ ...the constant telephone interruptions.
7. obstacle countable noun
An obstacle is something which makes it difficult for you to go forward or do something.
⇒ A rabbit can jump obstacles up to three feet high. ⇒ The most difficult obstacle to overcome was the heavy rain.
8. obstruction uncountable noun
Obstruction is the act of deliberately preventing something from happening.
⇒ Obstruction of justice is an offence.
2. mn/rukavata, rukAvata, rukaavata, rukāvat, rukavta, rukAvta, rukaavta, rukāvt, rukavat, rukAvat, rukaavat, rukavt, rukAvt, rukaavt, rukavaTa, rukAvaTa, rukaavaTa, rukāvaT, rukavTa, rukAvTa, rukaavTa, rukāvT, rukavaT, rukAvaT, rukaavaT, rukavT, rukAvT, rukaavT, rukavaṭa, rukAvaṭa, rukaavaṭa, rukāvaṭ, rukavṭa, rukAvṭa, rukaavṭa, rukāvṭ, rukavaṭ, rukAvaṭ, rukaavaṭ, rukavṭ, rukAvṭ, rukaavṭ/
blockage countable noun
A blockage in a pipe or tunnel is something that is blocking it.
⇒ ...a fatal blockage in the lung.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Translation of रुकावट from the Collins Hindi to English Dictionary