English translation of 'लापरवाही'
nf/laparavahi, lAparavAhI, laaparavaahee, lāparavāhī/
1. carelessness uncountable noun
The fire resulted from carelessness.
2. irresponsibility uncountable noun
She was embarrassed by her son's irresponsibility.
3. laxity uncountable noun
The lawyer suggested there had been police laxity in the murder enquiry.
4. neglect transitive verb, uncountable noun
If you neglect someone or something, you do not look after them properly. Neglect is failure to look after someone or something properly.
Don't neglect your health.
The house has suffered years of neglect.
5. negligence uncountable noun
They accuse the airline of negligence.
6. recklessness uncountable noun
...the recklessness of youth.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Translation of लापरवाही from the Collins Hindi to English Dictionary