English translation of वर्तमान
वर्तमानPowered by COBUILD /vartamana/
Definitions and Translations
1. current adjective
Something that is current is happening, being done, or being used at the present time.
⇒ The current situation is very different. ⇒ ...the current anti-racism movement in football.
2. existing adjective before noun
Existing is used to describe something which is now present or available.
⇒ We need to make the existing products better.
3. present adjective before noun
You use present to describe people and things that exist now, rather than in the past or the future.
⇒ ...the country's present leader. ⇒ We can't say anything at the present time.
4. present adjective before noun
The present tenses of a verb are the ones used to talk about things that happen regularly or situations that exist at this time.
5. present-day adjective before noun
Present-day things, situations, and people exist at the time in history we are now in.
⇒ Alfred Brendel was born in Moravia, which is in the present-day Czech Republic.
2. mn/vartamana, vartamAna, vartamaana, vartamān, vrtamana, vrtamAna, vrtamaana, vrtamān, vartmana, vartmAna, vartmaana, vartmān, vrtmana, vrtmAna, vrtmaana, vrtmān, vartaman, vartamAn, vartamaan, vrtaman, vrtamAn, vrtamaan, vartman, vartmAn, vartmaan, vrtman, vrtmAn, vrtmaan/
present singular noun
The present is the period of time that we are in now and the things that are happening now.
⇒ It is natural to worry about the future, but it is important to live in the present.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Translation of वर्तमान from the Collins Hindi to English Dictionary