English translation of प्रदर्शन
प्रदर्शनPowered by COBUILD /pradarshana/
Definitions and Translations
1. act countable noun
An act in a show is one of the short performances in the show. ⇒ ...the best new comedy acts.
2. demo countable noun
A demo is a demonstration by a group of people to show their opposition to something or their support for something. [Brit] ⇒ ...an anti-racist demo.
3. demonstration countable noun ⇒ We want a demonstration of his cooking skills.
4. demonstration countable noun ⇒ ...a cookery demonstration.
5. demonstration countable noun ⇒ Riot police broke up a demonstration this afternoon.
6. display transitive verb, variable noun
If you display a quality or emotion, you behave in a way which shows that you have it. You can also talk about a display of a particular quality or emotion. ⇒ It was unlike Gordon to display his feelings. ⇒ ...his determined display of courage.
7. display transitive verb, uncountable noun
If you display something, or if you put it on display, you put it in a place where people can see it. ⇒ War veterans proudly displayed their medals. ⇒ These artists also have work on display.
8. exhibition singular noun
If a player or team plays particularly well in a game, you can say that they give an exhibition of their skills. ⇒ The fans were treated to an exhibition of power and speed.
9. performance countable noun
A performance involves entertaining an audience by singing, dancing, or acting. ⇒ ...a performance of Bizet's Carmen.
10. presentation countable noun
A presentation is something that is performed before an audience. ⇒ ...the Royal Opera's presentation of Julius Caesar.
11. production countable noun
A production is a play, opera, or other show that is performed in a theatre. ⇒ ...a recent production of Hamlet.
12. screening variable noun ⇒ The film-makers will be present at the screenings.
13. show countable noun
A show of a feeling or quality is an attempt by someone to make it clear that they have that feeling or quality. ⇒ Workers gathered in the city centre in a show of support for the government.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Translation of प्रदर्शन from the Collins Hindi to English Dictionary
Related Terms of 'प्रदर्शन'