English translation of लालसा
लालसाPowered by COBUILD /lalasa/
Definitions and Translations
nf/lalasa, lAlasA, laalasaa, lālasā, lalsa, lAlsA, laalsaa, lālsā/
1. appetite countable noun
If you have an appetite for something, you have a strong desire for it. ⇒ ...his appetite for success.
2. craving countable noun ⇒ ...a craving for sugar.
3. hunger intransitive verb, singular noun
If you hunger for something, or if you have a hunger for it, you want it very much. [formal] ⇒ Jules hungered for adventure.
4. keenness uncountable noun ⇒ ...the country's keenness for better relationships with its neighbours.
5. longing variable noun ⇒ ...her longing to return home.
6. lust intransitive verb, uncountable noun
If you lust for something or lust after it, you have a very strong and eager desire to have it. A lust for something is this desire. ⇒ They all lusted after the top job.
7. yearning variable noun ⇒ ...a yearning for a child of my own.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Translation of लालसा from the Collins Hindi to English Dictionary