English translation of 'montagne russe'
roller coaster sing,
big dipper sing (Brit)
'montagne russe' in Other Languages
British English: rollercoaster /ˈrəʊləˌkəʊstə/ NOUN
A rollercoaster is a small railway at a fair that goes up and down steep slopes fast and that people ride on for pleasure or excitement.
We went on the rollercoaster three times.
- American English: rollercoaster
- Arabic: سَكَّةٌ حَدِيدِيَّةٌ بالـمَلاهي
- Brazilian Portuguese: montanha-russa
- Chinese: 过山车
- Croatian: tobogan
- Czech: horská dráha
- Danish: rutschebane
- Dutch: achtbaan
- European Spanish: montaña rusa
- Finnish: vuoristorata
- French: montagnes russes
- German: Achterbahn
- Greek: τρενάκι λούνα παρκ
- Italian: montagne russe
- Japanese: ローラーコースター
- Korean: 롤러코스터
- Norwegian: berg-og-dal-bane
- Polish: kolejka w wesołym miasteczku
- European Portuguese: montanha-russa
- Romanian: montagne russe
- Russian: американские горки
- Spanish: montaña rusa
- Swedish: berg- och dalbana
- Thai: รถไฟเหาะ
- Turkish: rollercoaster
- Ukrainian: американські гірки
- Vietnamese: tàu lộn vòng siêu tốc
Translation of montagne russe from the Collins Italian to English
Join the Collins Community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.
Unlock Italian with the Paul Noble method
Take your Italian to the next level with Paul's tried and tested method. No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Next Steps is an intermediate course, which follows on from the Complete Italian Beginner's course- available to pre-order now!