English translation of 'folhear'
to leaf through
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'folhear' in Other Languages
British English: browse VERB
book If you browse through a book or magazine, you look through it in a fairly casual way.
...sitting on the sofa browsing through the TV pages of the paper.
British English: thumb VERB
If you thumb a lift or thumb a ride, you stand by the side of the road holding out your thumb until a driver stops and gives you a lift.
It may interest you to know that a boy answering his description thumbed a ride to to the city.
- American English: thumb
- Brazilian Portuguese: folhear
- Chinese: 搭便车站在公路边 竖起大拇指请求
- European Spanish: hacer autostop
- French: faire du stop pour obtenirN
- German: per Anhalter fahren
- Italian: fare l'autostop per avere
- Japanese: ヒッチハイクをする
- Korean: 엄지손가락을 들어 히치하이크하다
- European Portuguese: folhear
- Spanish: hacer autostop
Translation of folhear from the Collins Portuguese to English Dictionary