Synonyms of 'end'
- extremity, boundary, edge, extent, extreme, limit, point, terminus, tip
- finish, cessation, close, closure, ending, expiration, expiry, stop, termination
- conclusion, culmination, denouement, ending, finale, resolution
- remnant, butt, fragment, leftover, oddment, remainder, scrap, stub
- destruction, death, demise, doom, extermination, extinction, ruin
- purpose, aim, goal, intention, object, objective, point, reason
See related content
Video: pronunciation of 'end'
Thesaurus for end from the Collins American Thesaurus
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.