Synonyms of 'fall'
- descend, cascade, collapse, dive, drop, plummet, plunge, sink, subside, tumble
- decrease, decline, diminish, drop, dwindle, go down, lessen, slump, subside
- be overthrown, capitulate, pass into enemy hands, succumb, surrender
- die, be killed, meet one's end, perish
- occur, befall, chance, come about, come to pass, happen, take place
- slope, fall away, incline
- lapse, err, go astray, offend, sin, transgress, trespass
Video: pronunciation of 'fall'
Thesaurus for fall from the Collins American English Thesaurus
If someone or something falls , they move quickly downwards onto or towards the ground, by accident or because of a natural force.
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.