Synonyms of 'mad'
- insane, crazy (informal), demented, deranged, non compos mentis (Latin), nuts (slang), of unsound mind, out of one's mind, psychotic, raving, unhinged, unstable
- foolish, absurd, asinine, bonkers (informal), daft (informal), foolhardy, irrational, nonsensical, preposterous, senseless, wild
- angry, berserk, enraged, furious, incensed, livid (informal), wild
- enthusiastic, ardent, avid, crazy (informal), fanatical, impassioned, infatuated, wild
- frenzied, excited, frenetic, uncontrolled, unrestrained, wild, wired (slang)
See like mad
Video: pronunciation of 'mad'
Thesaurus for mad from the Collins American English Thesaurus
Someone who is mad has a mind that does not work in a normal way, with the result that their behaviour is very strange .
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.