French translation of 'letterbox'
See related content
Video: pronunciation of 'letterbox'
Example Sentences Including 'letterbox'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Put a cover over the letterbox flap, too.Times, Sunday Times (2010)
For these couples, wedding guests can purchase a door, a letterbox or a few hundred bricks.Times, Sunday Times (2015)
I can still hear the noise of the letterbox flap.Times, Sunday Times (2008)
'letterbox' in Other Languages
British English: letterbox /ˈlɛtəˌbɒks/ NOUN
A letterbox is a rectangular hole in a door through which letters are delivered.
- American English: mail slot
- Arabic: صُنْدُوقٌ لِلْخِطَابَاتِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: caixa de correio
- Chinese: 邮筒
- Croatian: poštanski ormarić
- Czech: schránka na dopisy
- Danish: brevkasse
- Dutch: brievenbus
- European Spanish: buzón IngBrit
- Finnish: postilaatikko
- French: boîte aux lettres
- German: Briefkasten
- Greek: γραμματοκιβώτιο
- Italian: buca delle lettere
- Japanese: 郵便受
- Korean: 편지함
- Norwegian: postkasse
- Polish: skrzynka na listy
- European Portuguese: caixa de correio
- Romanian: cutie de scrisori
- Russian: почтовый ящик
- Spanish: buzón
- Swedish: brevlåda
- Thai: ตู้จดหมาย
- Turkish: posta kutusu
- Ukrainian: поштова скринька
- Vietnamese: hộp thư
British English: letterbox ADJECTIVE
If something is displayed on a television or computer screen in letterbox format, it is displayed across the middle of the screen with dark bands at the top and bottom of the screen.
- American English: letterbox
- Brazilian Portuguese: com faixas negras
- Chinese: > 宽屏带黑边的电视或电脑上的影像
- European Spanish: en formato apaisado
- French: letterbox
- German: Briefkasten-
- Italian: letterbox
- Japanese: レターボックス 形式 の>テレビ放映で画面の上下が黒く切れる状態
- Korean: 레터박스
- European Portuguese: de formato letterbox
- Spanish: en formato apaisado
Translation of letterbox from the Collins English to French
Ça va ? Asking after others
If you’re catching up with a French-speaking friend, old or new, you’ll probably want to ask them how they are, and vice versa. Here are a few suggestions to try!
Understanding French verb tenses
In this short article, we explain and provide some examples of the most common French verb tenses you'll come across.
Life on the edge
The desire to push the boundaries has been a motivator in many a daring expedition, testing the human spirit and physical abilities to the utmost. Indulge your adventurous spirit by exploring some associated ‘extreme’ vocabulary. Will you have the survival skills to master our quiz?