French translation of 'number plate'
(Britain) plaque f d’immatriculation
Copyright © by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'number plate'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Car number plates are recorded and our movements monitored.Times, Sunday Times (2015)
Cars with odd and even number plates are barred on alternate days for the next two weeks.Times, Sunday Times (2016)
'number plate' in Other Languages
British English: number plate /ˈnʌmbə pleɪt/ NOUN
A number plate is a sign on the front and back of a vehicle that shows its registration number.
- American English: license plate
- Arabic: لَوْحَةُ رَقَمِ السِّيَارَةِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: placa do carro
- Chinese: 车牌
- Croatian: registracijska tablica
- Czech: státní poznávací značka
- Danish: nummerplade
- Dutch: kentekenplaat
- European Spanish: matrícula placa
- Finnish: rekisterikilpi
- French: plaque d’immatriculation
- German: Nummernschild
- Greek: πινακίδα αυτοκινήτου
- Italian: numero di targa
- Japanese: ナンバープレート
- Korean: 번호판
- Norwegian: nummerskilt
- Polish: tablica rejestracyjna
- European Portuguese: placa de matrícula do carro
- Romanian: plăcuță de înmatriculare
- Russian: номерной знак
- Spanish: matrícula placa que llevan los vehículos
- Swedish: registreringsskylt
- Thai: ป้ายทะเบียนรถ
- Turkish: plaka otomobil
- Ukrainian: номерний знак
- Vietnamese: biển số
Translation of number plate from the Collins English to French
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.
Study guides for every stage of your learning
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.
Unlock French with the Paul Noble method
Take your French to the next level with Paul's tried and tested method. No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Next Steps is an intermediate course, which follows on from the Complete French Beginner's course- available to pre-order now!