Hindi translation of 'civil rights'
Civil rights are the rights that people have to equal treatment and equal opportunities, whatever their race, sex, or religion.नागरिक अधिकार mn civil rights for people grant/extend civil rights to people guarantee/protect/support/promote civil rights violate civil rights sexual/individual/black/gay civil rights a civil rights activist/lawyer/group a civil rights campaign/bill
SET PHRASESthe civil rights movement
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'civil rights'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
When he was her age he'd been an ardent activist, fighting against the war in Vietnam, fighting for civil rights.T2©: RISING STORM (1991)
ever, there was an effort to raise funds for civil rights campaigns, Duane managed to wheedle a four-figure check from his mother.THREE KINDS OF KISSING - SCOTTISH SHORT STORIES (1991)
There are some things which are more important to the world than the civil rights of a couple of hundred Berliners.WALL GAMES (1991)
The cause of civil rights was growing stronger in direct ratio to the disintegration of the hippie movement.THREE KINDS OF KISSING - SCOTTISH SHORT STORIES (1991)
Trends of 'civil rights'
In Common Usage. civil rights is one of the 10000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage over:
'civil rights' in Other Languages
British English: civil rights /ˈsɪvl raɪts/ NOUN
Civil rights are the rights that people have to equal treatment and equal opportunities, whatever their race, sex, or religion.
...the civil rights movement.
- American English: civil rights
- Arabic: حُقُوق مَدَنِيِّة
- Brazilian Portuguese: direitos civis
- Chinese: 公民权利
- Croatian: građanska prava
- Czech: občanská práva
- Danish: borgerrettigheder
- Dutch: burgerrechten
- European Spanish: derechos civiles
- Finnish: kansalaisoikeudet
- French: droits civiques
- German: Bürgerrechte
- Greek: πολιτικά δικαιώματα
- Italian: diritti civili
- Japanese: 公民権
- Korean: 시민권
- Norwegian: borgerrettigheter
- Polish: prawa obywatelskie
- European Portuguese: direitos cívicos
- Romanian: drepturi civile
- Russian: гражданские права
- Spanish: derechos civiles
- Swedish: medborgerliga rättigheter
- Thai: สิทธิที่เท่ากันของพลเมือง
- Turkish: vatandaşlık hakları
- Ukrainian: громадянські права
- Vietnamese: quyền công dân
Translation of civil rights from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary