Hindi translation of 'runner-up'
Word forms: runners-up
A runner-up is someone who finishes in second place in a race or competition.रनर अप mnप्रतियोगिता का द्वितीय विजेता mn
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Video: pronunciation of 'runner-up'
Example Sentences Including 'runner-up'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
The Gold Cup runner-up was indeed owned by the parents of the missing SAS man.BARRACUDA 945 (2003)
`And now, first Steeple Fritton Letting Off Steam Princess, and runner-up to Miss Letting Off Steam is, Lola Wentworth!TICKLED PINK (2003)
Trends of 'runner-up'
Used Rarely. runner-up is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage over:
'runner-up' in Other Languages
British English: runner-up /ˈrʌnəʌp/ NOUN
A runner-up is someone who finishes in second place in a race or competition.
The runner-up will receive a cash prize.
- American English: runner-up
- Arabic: الفَائِزُ الثَانيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: segundo colocado
- Chinese: 亚军
- Croatian: drugoplasirani
- Czech: druhý za vítězem
- Danish: nummer to
- Dutch: tweede
- European Spanish: subcampeón
- Finnish: kilpailussa toiseksi tullut
- French: second
- German: Zweiter
- Greek: επιλαχών
- Italian: secondo classificato
- Japanese: 次点者
- Korean: 차점자
- Norwegian: nest best
- Polish: wicemistrz
- European Portuguese: segundo classificado
- Romanian: finalist
- Russian: занявший второе место
- Spanish: subcampeón
- Swedish: komma på andra plats
- Thai: รองชนะเลิศ
- Turkish: ikinci yarışma
- Ukrainian: учасник або команда, яка посіла друге місце
- Vietnamese: người về nhì
Translation of runner-up from the Collins English to Hindi