Italian translation of 'lie in'
intransitive verb + adverb
- (stay in bed)
rimanere a letto (al mattino)
Example Sentences Including 'lie in'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Wanted to lie in his arms again, wanted to miss none of the short time fate had granted them.SCANDAL'S BRIDE (2001)
His punishment will lie in the fact that I know what's been going on.ABSOLUTE TRUTHS
But I didn't expect to have to tell the lie in front of Heike.A DARKENING STAIN (2002)
'lie in' in Other Languages
British English: lie-in /ˈlaɪɪn/ NOUN
If you have a lie-in, you rest by staying in bed later than usual in the morning.
I have a lie-in on Sundays.
- American English: late sleep
- Arabic: الرُقَاْدُ فِي الْسَرِيرِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: permanência até tarde na cama
- Chinese: 懒觉
- Croatian: izležavanje
- Czech: lenošení v posteli
- Danish: sove længe
- Dutch: uitslapen
- European Spanish: quedarse en cama
- Finnish: aamulla pitkään nukkuminen
- French: grasse matinée
- German: Ausschlafen
- Greek: χουζούρεμα
- Italian: restare a letto
- Japanese: 朝寝坊
- Korean: 늦잠
- Norwegian: ligge lenge
- Polish: poranne dłuższe leżenie w łóżku
- European Portuguese: permanência até tarde na cama
- Romanian: lenevire în patdimineața
- Russian: лежание в постели
- Spanish: quedarse en cama
- Swedish: sovmorgon
- Thai: การนอนตื่นสายในตอนเช้า
- Turkish: sabahleyin geç vakte kadar yatmak
- Ukrainian: n вилежування
- Vietnamese: sự ngủ nướng
Translation of lie in from the Collins English to Italian
Join the Collins Community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.