Italian translation of 'lip-read'
Example Sentences Including 'lip-read'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
I couldn't hear anything but I could lip-read easily enough.THE EXECUTION (2002)
In phrases that Neil had learned to lip-read off the silent screen she saluted the students for their support and cash donations.RUSHING TO PARADISE (2002)
Trends of 'lip-read'
Used Rarely. lip-read is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage over:
'lip-read' in Other Languages
British English: lip-read /ˈlɪpˌriːd/ VERB
If someone can lip-read, they are able to understand what someone else is saying by looking at the way the other person's lips move as they speak, without actually hearing any of the words.
They are not given hearing aids or taught to lip-read.
- American English: lip-read
- Arabic: يَقْرَأُ حَرَكَاتِ الْشِفَاهِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: ler os lábios
- Chinese: 唇读
- Croatian: čitati s usnica
- Czech: odezírat ze rtů
- Danish: mundaflæse
- Dutch: liplezen
- European Spanish: leer los labios
- Finnish: lukea huulilta
- French: lire sur les lèvres
- German: von den Lippen ablesen
- Greek: διαβάζω τα χείλη
- Italian: leggere le labbra
- Japanese: 読唇術で解する
- Korean: 독순술로 이해하다
- Norwegian: lese på munnen
- Polish: przeczytać z warg
- European Portuguese: ler os lábios
- Romanian: a citi pe buze
- Russian: читать по губам
- Spanish: leer los labios
- Swedish: läsa på läpparna
- Thai: แปลคำพูดด้วยการอ่านริมฝีปาก
- Turkish: dudak okuma
- Ukrainian: читати по губах
- Vietnamese: đọc khẩu hình
Translation of lip-read from the Collins English to Italian
Join the Collins Community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.