Definition of 'best-before date'
Translations for 'best-before date'
British English: best-before date /ˌbɛstbɪˈfɔː deɪt/ NOUN
The best-before date on a food container is the date by which the food should be used before it starts to decay.
- American English: best-if-used-by date
- Arabic: يُفْضِلُ اِسْتِخْدامه قَبْلَ التاريخ الـمُحَدَّد
- Brazilian Portuguese: data de validade
- Chinese: 最佳使用期
- Croatian: rok uporabe
- Czech: datum spotřeby
- Danish: sidste salgsdag
- Dutch: uiterste houdbaarheidsdatum
- European Spanish: fecha de caducidad
- Finnish: parasta ennen -päiväys
- French: date de péremption
- German: Mindesthaltbarkeitsdatum
- Greek: ημερομηνία λήξης
- Italian: data di scadenza
- Japanese: 賞味期限
- Korean: 최상 품질 기한
- Norwegian: best før-dato
- Polish: termin ważności
- European Portuguese: data de validade
- Romanian: dată de expirare
- Russian: срок годности
- Spanish: fecha de vencimiento
- Swedish: bäst före-datum
- Thai: ควรบริโภคก่อน
- Turkish: son kullanım tarihi
- Ukrainian: вжити до
- Vietnamese: ngày hết hạn sử dụng
Definition of best-before date from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.