Definition of 'classroom assistant'
Trends of 'classroom assistant'
Used Rarely. classroom assistant is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage over:
Translations for 'classroom assistant'
British English: classroom assistant /ˈklɑːsrʊm əˈsɪstənt/ NOUN
A classroom assistant is a person whose job is to help a schoolteacher in the classroom.
- American English: teacher's aide
- Arabic: مُساعِد الـمَدْرَسَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: assistente de sala de aula
- Chinese: 课堂助教
- Croatian: pomoćnik učitelja
- Czech: třídní asistent
- Danish: hjælpelærer
- Dutch: hulponderwijzer
- European Spanish: maestro auxiliar
- Finnish: koulunkäyntiavustaja
- French: assistant scolaire
- German: Assistenzlehrkraft
- Greek: βοηθός δασκάλου
- Italian: assistente di classe
- Japanese: 教室助手
- Korean: 보조 교사
- Norwegian: hjelpelærer
- Polish: asystent nauczyciela
- European Portuguese: assistente de sala de aula
- Romanian: asistent sală de clasă
- Russian: лаборант
- Spanish: profesor auxiliar
- Swedish: lärarassistent
- Thai: ครูผู้ช่วยในห้องเรียน
- Turkish: yardımcı öğretmen
- Ukrainian: помічник викладача
- Vietnamese: trợ giảng
Definition of classroom assistant from the Collins English Dictionary
New collocations added to dictionary
Collocations are words that are often used together and are brilliant at providing natural sounding language for your speech and writing.
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.