Definition of 'climate change'
Trends of 'climate change'
In Common Usage. climate change is one of the 10000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage over:
Translations for 'climate change'
British English: climate change /ˈklaɪmɪt tʃeɪndʒ/ NOUN
Climate change is change that is taking place in the Earth's climate that is believed to be the result of human activity.
- American English: climate change
- Arabic: تَغْيِير مُناخِيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: mudança do clima
- Chinese: 气候变化
- Croatian: klimatska promjena
- Czech: změna klimatu
- Danish: klimaforandring
- Dutch: klimaatverandering
- European Spanish: cambio climático
- Finnish: ilmastonmuutos
- French: changement climatique
- German: Klimawechsel
- Greek: κλιματική αλλαγή
- Italian: cambiamento climatico
- Japanese: 気候変動
- Korean: 기후 변화
- Norwegian: klimaendring
- Polish: zmiana klimatyczna
- European Portuguese: alterações climáticas
- Romanian: schimbare climatică
- Russian: изменение климата
- Spanish: cambio climático
- Swedish: klimatförändring
- Thai: การเปลี่ยนแปลงของอากาศ
- Turkish: iklim değişikliği
- Ukrainian: кліматичні зміни
- Vietnamese: sự thay đổi khí hậu
Definition of climate change from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.