Definition of 'colour television'
Example sentences containing 'colour television'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
I found a big colour television in Ben's study, a cosy bookshelf-lined room in the far corner of the house. A RODENT OF DOUBT (2002)She saw it on the news on the large colour television Jon had proudly bought for his bride. LOOKING FOR THE SPARK (2002)For a start, it had to have a colour television and a phone in the bedroom. KICK BACK (2002)
Trends of 'colour television'
Used Rarely. colour television is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage over:
Translations for 'colour television'
British English: colour television /ˈkʌlə ˌtɛlɪˈvɪʒ ən/ NOUN
A colour television is one that shows things in all their colours, and not just in black, white, and grey.
- American English: color television
- Arabic: تِليفزيون مُلَوَّن
- Brazilian Portuguese: televisão a cores
- Chinese: 彩色电视机
- Croatian: televizija u boji
- Czech: barevný televizor
- Danish: farvefjernsyn
- Dutch: kleurentelevisie
- European Spanish: televisión en color
- Finnish: väritelevisio
- French: télévision couleur
- German: Farbfernseher
- Greek: έγχρωμη τηλεόραση
- Italian: televisore a colori
- Japanese: カラーテレビ
- Korean: 컬러 텔레비전
- Norwegian: farge-tv
- Polish: telewizja kolorowa
- European Portuguese: televisão a cores
- Romanian: televiziune color
- Russian: цветное телевидение
- Spanish: televisión en color
- Swedish: färg-tv
- Thai: โทรทัศน์สี
- Turkish: renkli televizyon
- Ukrainian: кольорове телебачення
- Vietnamese: ti vi màu
Definition of colour television from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.