Definition of 'funeral parlour'
Trends of 'funeral parlour'
Used Rarely. funeral parlour is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage over:
Translations for 'funeral parlour'
British English: funeral parlour /ˈfjuːnərəl ˈpɑːlə/ NOUN
A funeral parlour is a place where dead people are prepared for burial or cremation.
- American English: funeral home
- Arabic: قَاعَةٌ لإعْدَادِ الـمُتَوَفَّى
- Brazilian Portuguese: casa funerária
- Chinese: 殡仪馆
- Croatian: pogrebno poduzeće
- Czech: pohřební ústav
- Danish: begravelsesforretning
- Dutch: rouwkamer
- European Spanish: pompas fúnebres
- Finnish: hautaustoimisto
- French: funérarium
- German: Leichenhalle
- Greek: γραφείο κηδειών
- Italian: onoranze funebri
- Japanese: 葬儀場
- Korean: 영안실
- Norwegian: begravelsesbyrå
- Polish: dom pogrzebowy
- European Portuguese: casa funerária
- Romanian: servicii de pompe funebre
- Russian: бюро похоронных услуг
- Spanish: honras fúnebres
- Swedish: begravningsentreprenör
- Thai: โรงประกอบพิธีฌาปนกิจศพ
- Turkish: cenazenin gömülmeye ya da yakılmaya hazırlandığı oda
- Ukrainian: похоронне бюро
- Vietnamese: nhà tang lễ
Definition of funeral parlour from the Collins English Dictionary
New collocations added to dictionary
Collocations are words that are often used together and are brilliant at providing natural sounding language for your speech and writing.
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.