Definition of 'lingerie'
Trends of 'lingerie'
Used Occasionally. lingerie is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage over:
Translations for 'lingerie'
British English: lingerie /ˈlænʒərɪ/ NOUN
You can refer to women's underwear and night clothes as lingerie.
She put it into her drawer, next to her lingerie.
- American English: lingerie
- Arabic: مَلَابِسٌ تَـحْتِيَةٌ
- Brazilian Portuguese: lingerie
- Chinese: 女贴身内衣
- Croatian: rublje
- Czech: dámské spodní prádlo
- Danish: lingeri
- Dutch: lingerie
- European Spanish: lencería
- Finnish: naisten alus- ja yöasut
- French: lingerie
- German: Damenwäsche
- Greek: γυναικεία εσώρουχα
- Italian: biancheria intima
- Japanese: ランジェリー
- Korean: 란제리
- Norwegian: dameundertøy
- Polish: bielizna
- European Portuguese: lingerie
- Romanian: lenjerie
- Russian: дамское белье
- Spanish: lencería
- Swedish: underkläder
- Thai: ชุดชั้นในของสตรี
- Turkish: iç çamaşırı
- Ukrainian: жіноча білизна
- Vietnamese: đồ lót phụ nữ
Definition of lingerie from the Collins English Dictionary
New collocations added to dictionary
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.