Definition of 'MMS'
Trends of 'MMS'
Used Occasionally. MMS is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage over:
Translations for 'MMS'
British English: MMS /ɛm ɛm ɛs/ ABBREVIATION
MMS is a method of sending messages over wireless networks, especially on mobile phones. MMS is an abbreviation of 'Multimedia Messaging Service'.
- American English: Multimedia Messaging Service
- Arabic: خِدْمَةُ رَسَائِلِ الْوَسَائِطِ الْمُتَعَدِدَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: Serviço de Mensagem Multimídia
- Chinese: 多媒体短信息
- Croatian: MMS
- Czech: MMS multimediální zpráva
- Danish: MMS
- Dutch: MMS
- European Spanish: mensajería multimedia
- Finnish: multimediaviestintä
- French: MMS
- German: MMS
- Greek: μήνυμα MMS
- Italian: MMS
- Japanese: マルチメディアメッセージングサービス
- Korean: MMS
- Norwegian: MMS
- Polish: wiadomości multimedialne MMS
- European Portuguese: MMS
- Romanian: MMS
- Russian: служба передачи мультимедийных сообщений
- Spanish: mensajería multimedia
- Swedish: mms
- Thai: ระบบการส่งข้อความทางโทรศัพท์
- Turkish: MMS
- Ukrainian: MMS
- Vietnamese: Dịch vụ Tin nhắn Đa phương tiện
Definition of MMS from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.