Definition of 'self-catering'
Translations for 'self-catering'
British English: self-catering /ˈsɛlfˈkeɪtərɪŋ/ NOUN
If you go on a self-catering holiday or you stay in self-catering accommodation, you stay in a place where you have to make your own meals.
Independent self-catering also makes an excellent and inexpensive family holiday.
- American English: lodging with kitchen
- Arabic: خِدْمَةٌ ذَاتِية
- Brazilian Portuguese: auto-serviço
- Chinese: 自炊
- Croatian: apartman s mogućnošću pripreme hrane
- Czech: vlastní stravování
- Danish: på egen kost
- Dutch: self-catering
- European Spanish: sin servicio de comidas
- Finnish: majoitus, jossa asiakkaat hoitavat itse ruoanlaiton
- French: vacances autonomes
- German: Selbstversorgung
- Greek: αυτοτροφοδοσία
- Italian: self-catering
- Japanese: 自炊
- Korean: 자취
- Norwegian: selvhusholdning
- Polish: wyżywienie we własnym zakresie
- European Portuguese: alojamento com cozinha
- Romanian: self-catering
- Russian: размещение с возможностью самостоятельного приготовления пищи
- Spanish: sin servicio de comidas
- Swedish: självhushåll
- Thai: การหาและทำอาหารเอง
- Turkish: self-catering
- Ukrainian: самообслуговування
- Vietnamese: tự phục vụ
Definition of self-catering from the Collins English Dictionary
New collocations added to dictionary
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.
Collins English Dictionary Apps
Download our English Dictionary apps - available for both iOS and Android.
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!