English translation of 'châtiment corporel'
Copyright © by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'châtiment corporel'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
A compter de cette date, " tout châtiment corporel, toute vente de personnes non libres seront interdits ".Le Monde (1998)
Despote et dominateur chez lui, l'enfant est brillant à l'école, notamment pour ne pas encourir l'humiliation du châtiment corporel.Le Monde (1999)
Trends of 'châtiment corporel'
Used Occasionally. châtiment corporel is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage over:
'châtiment corporel' in Other Languages
British English: corporal punishment /ˈkɔːprəl ˈpʌnɪʃmənt/ NOUN
Corporal punishment is the punishment of people by hitting them.
- American English: corporal punishment
- Arabic: عُقُوبَة بَدَنِيَّة
- Brazilian Portuguese: castigo corporal
- Chinese: 体罚
- Croatian: fizičko kažnjavanje
- Czech: tělesný trest
- Danish: korporlig afstraffelse
- Dutch: lijfstraf
- European Spanish: castigo corporal
- Finnish: ruumiillinen rangaistus
- French: châtiment corporel
- German: Körperstrafe
- Greek: σωματική τιμωρία
- Italian: punizione corporale
- Japanese: 体刑
- Korean: 체벌
- Norwegian: fysisk avstraffelse
- Polish: kara cielesna
- European Portuguese: castigo corporal
- Romanian: pedeapsă corporală
- Russian: телесное наказание
- Spanish: castigo corporal
- Swedish: aga
- Thai: การลงโทษทางร่างกายของผู้กระทำผิด
- Turkish: dayak cezası
- Ukrainian: тілесне покарання
- Vietnamese: hình phạt về thể xác
Translation of châtiment corporel from the Collins French to English
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.
Study guides for every stage of your learning
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.
Unlock French with the Paul Noble method
Take your French to the next level with Paul's tried and tested method. No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Next Steps is an intermediate course, which follows on from the Complete French Beginner's course- available to pre-order now!