English translation of 'demandeur d’asile'
Word forms: demandeur d’asile, demandeuse d’asile
masculine noun/feminine noun
Copyright © by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'demandeur d’asile' in Other Languages
British English: asylum seeker /əˈsaɪləm ˈsiːkə/ NOUN
An asylum seeker is a person who is trying to get asylum in a foreign country.
Fewer than 7% of asylum seekers are accepted as political refugees.
- American English: asylum seeker
- Arabic: طَالِبٌ لِلـُجُوء
- Brazilian Portuguese: pessoa que procura asilo em outro país
- Chinese: 寻求庇护者
- Croatian: azilant
- Czech: azylant
- Danish: asylansøger
- Dutch: asielzoeker
- European Spanish: solicitante de asilo
- Finnish: turvapaikanhakija
- French: demandeur d’asile
- German: Asylant
- Greek: άτομο που ζητά άσυλο
- Italian: richiedente asilo politico
- Japanese: 亡命者
- Korean: 망명자
- Norwegian: asylsøker
- Polish: osoba starająca się o azyl
- European Portuguese: pessoa que procura asilo noutro país
- Romanian: azilant
- Russian: ищущий убежища
- Spanish: solicitante de asilo
- Swedish: asylsökande
- Thai: ผู้แสวงหาที่ลี้ภัย
- Turkish: sığınmacı
- Ukrainian: шукач притулку
- Vietnamese: người truy tìm người ẩn náu
Translation of demandeur d’asile from the Collins French to English
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.
Study guides for every stage of your learning
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.
Unlock French with the Paul Noble method
Take your French to the next level with Paul's tried and tested method. No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Next Steps is an intermediate course, which follows on from the Complete French Beginner's course- available to pre-order now!