English translation of 'demi-sœur'
'demi-sœur' in Other Languages
British English: stepsister /ˈstɛpˌsɪstə/ NOUN
Someone's stepsister is the daughter of their stepfather or stepmother.
- American English: stepsister
- Arabic: أُخْتٌ مِنْ زَوْجَةُ الأَبِ أَو زَوْجُ الأُمِّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: irmã adotiva
- Chinese: 继姐继妹
- Croatian: polusestra
- Czech: nevlastní dcera
- Danish: stedsøster
- Dutch: stiefzus
- European Spanish: hermanastra
- Finnish: sisarpuoli
- French: demi-sœur
- German: Stiefschwester
- Greek: ετεροθαλής αδερφή
- Italian: sorellastra
- Japanese: 継姉妹
- Korean: 의붓자매
- Norwegian: stesøster
- Polish: siostra przyrodnia
- European Portuguese: irmã adotiva
- Romanian: soră vitregă
- Russian: сводная сестра
- Spanish: hermanastra
- Swedish: styvsyster
- Thai: พี่สาวน้องสาวต่างบิดา
- Turkish: üvey kız kardeş
- Ukrainian: зведена сестра
- Vietnamese: chị em gái cùng mẹ same mother, different father
Translation of demi-sœur from the Collins French to English
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.
Study guides for every stage of your learning
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.
Unlock French with the Paul Noble method
Take your French to the next level with Paul's tried and tested method. No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Next Steps is an intermediate course, which follows on from the Complete French Beginner's course- available to pre-order now!