English translation of 'garde-côte'
Example Sentences Including 'garde-côte'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Vous êtes trop sensible, M. Desmarest ", proteste le garde-côte dessiné par Cambon.Le Monde (2000)
Trends of 'garde-côte'
Used Rarely. garde-côte is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage over:
'garde-côte' in Other Languages
British English: coastguard /ˈkəʊstˌɡɑːd/ NOUN
A coastguard is an official who watches the sea near a coast, in order to get help when it is needed and to prevent smuggling.
- American English: coast guard
- Arabic: خَفَر السَوَاحِل
- Brazilian Portuguese: guarda costeira
- Chinese: 海岸警卫队
- Croatian: obalna straža
- Czech: pobřežní hlídka
- Danish: kystvagt
- Dutch: kustwacht
- European Spanish: guardacostas
- Finnish: rannikkovartiosto
- French: garde-côte
- German: Küstenwache
- Greek: ακτοφυλακή
- Italian: guardia costiera
- Japanese: 沿岸警備隊
- Korean: 해안 경비대
- Norwegian: kystvakt
- Polish: straż przybrzeżna
- European Portuguese: guarda costeira
- Romanian: paza de coastă
- Russian: береговая охрана
- Spanish: guardacostas
- Swedish: kustbevakning
- Thai: หน่วยรักษาการณ์ตามชายฝั่งทะเล
- Turkish: sahil koruma görevlisi
- Ukrainian: берегова охорона
- Vietnamese: biên phòng bờ biển
Translation of garde-côte from the Collins French to English Dictionary
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.
Study guides for every stage of your learning
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.