English translation of 'garde d’enfants'
masculine and feminine noun
(= personne) child minder
Copyright © by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'garde d’enfants' in Other Languages
British English: babysitting /ˈbeɪbɪsɪtɪŋ/ NOUN
Babysitting is the action of looking after someone's children while they are out.
Would you like me to do any babysitting?
- American English: babysitting
- Arabic: مُجَالَسَةُ الَأطْفال
- Brazilian Portuguese: tomar conta de crianças
- Chinese: 照看婴儿
- Croatian: čuvanje djece
- Czech: hlídání dětí
- Danish: babysitning
- Dutch: babysitten
- European Spanish: hacer de canguro
- Finnish: lapsenvahtina oleminen
- French: garde d’enfants
- German: Babysitten
- Greek: μπεϊμπισίτινγκ
- Italian: babysitting
- Japanese: 子守り
- Korean: 아기 보기
- Norwegian: være barnevakt
- Polish: opiekowanie się dziećmi
- European Portuguese: tomar conta de crianças
- Romanian: supraveghere copii mici
- Russian: работа няни
- Spanish: hacer de niñera
- Swedish: barnpassning
- Thai: การเป็นผู้เลี้ยงเด็ก
- Turkish: bebek bakma
- Ukrainian: догляд за малюком
- Vietnamese: công việc giữ trẻ
British English: childcare /ˈtʃaɪldˌkɛə/ NOUN
Childcare refers to looking after children.
Both partners shared childcare.
- American English: childcare
- Arabic: رَعَايَة الأَطْفال
- Brazilian Portuguese: serviço de cuidado infantil
- Chinese: 育儿
- Croatian: briga o djeci
- Czech: péče o děti
- Danish: børneforsorg
- Dutch: kinderopvang
- European Spanish: cuidado de los niños
- Finnish: lastenhoito
- French: garde d’enfants
- German: Kinderbetreuung
- Greek: παιδική φροντίδα
- Italian: strutture di assistenza ai bambini
- Japanese: 児童養護
- Korean: 육아
- Norwegian: barnepass
- Polish: opieka nad dzieckiem
- European Portuguese: serviço de cuidado infantil
- Romanian: îngrijirea copiilor
- Russian: уход за детьми
- Spanish: puericultura
- Swedish: barnomsorg
- Thai: การดูแลเลี้ยงเด็ก
- Turkish: çocuk bakımı
- Ukrainian: догляд за дитиною
- Vietnamese: sự trông trẻ
Translation of garde d’enfants from the Collins French to English
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.
Study guides for every stage of your learning
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.
Unlock French with the Paul Noble method
Take your French to the next level with Paul's tried and tested method. No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Next Steps is an intermediate course, which follows on from the Complete French Beginner's course- available to pre-order now!