English translation of 'GPS'
abbreviated masculine noun
(= global positioning system) GPS
Copyright © by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'GPS' in Other Languages
British English: GPS /dʒiː piː ɛs/ ABBREVIATION
GPS is a system that uses signals from satellites to find out the position of an object. GPS is an abbreviation for `global positioning system'.
GPS operates best near the equator.
- American English: GPS
- Arabic: نِظَامُ تَـحْديدِ الـمَواقِعِ العالـميّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: GPS sistema de posicionamento global
- Chinese: 全球定位系统
- Croatian: GPS
- Czech: GPS
- Danish: GPS
- Dutch: GPS
- European Spanish: GPS
- Finnish: GPS
- French: GPS
- German: GPS
- Greek: σύστημα GPS
- Italian: navigatore satellitare
- Japanese: グローバルポジショニングシステム
- Korean: 위성항법장치
- Norwegian: GPS
- Polish: GPS
- European Portuguese: GPS sistema de posicionamento global
- Romanian: GPS
- Russian: глобальная система навигации и определения положения
- Spanish: GPS
- Swedish: GPS
- Thai: ระบบการค้นหาทางโดยใช้ดาวเทียม
- Turkish: GPS sistemi
- Ukrainian: GPS
- Vietnamese: hệ thống chỉ đường bằng vệ tinh
Translation of GPS from the Collins French to English
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.
Study guides for every stage of your learning
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.
Unlock French with the Paul Noble method
Take your French to the next level with Paul's tried and tested method. No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Next Steps is an intermediate course, which follows on from the Complete French Beginner's course- available to pre-order now!