English translation of 'nom de jeune fille'
nom de jeune fille
son nom de jeune fille her maiden name
Copyright © by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'nom de jeune fille' in Other Languages
British English: maiden name /ˈmeɪdn neɪm/ NOUN
A married woman's maiden name is her parents' surname, which she used before she got married and started using her husband's surname.
What was your mother's maiden name?
- American English: maiden name
- Arabic: لَقَبُ الْـمَرْأةِ قَبْلَ الزَّوَاجِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: nome de solteira
- Chinese: 娘家姓
- Croatian: djevojačko prezime
- Czech: jméno za svobodna
- Danish: pigenavn før ægteskabet
- Dutch: meisjesnaam
- European Spanish: apellido de soltera
- Finnish: tyttönimi
- French: nom de jeune fille
- German: Mädchenname
- Greek: πατρικό όνομα
- Italian: cognome da nubile
- Japanese: 女性の結婚前の旧姓
- Korean: 결혼 전의 성
- Norwegian: pikenavn
- Polish: nazwisko panieńskie
- European Portuguese: nome de solteira
- Romanian: nume de fată
- Russian: девичья фамилия
- Spanish: apellido de soltera
- Swedish: flicknamn namn som ogift
- Thai: ชื่อสกุลของหญิงก่อนแต่งงาน
- Turkish: kızlık soyadı
- Ukrainian: дівоче прізвище
- Vietnamese: tên thời con gái
Translation of nom de jeune fille from the Collins French to English
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.
Study guides for every stage of your learning
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.
Unlock French with the Paul Noble method
Take your French to the next level with Paul's tried and tested method. No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Next Steps is an intermediate course, which follows on from the Complete French Beginner's course- available to pre-order now!