English translation of 'noyau dur'
1. [de syndicat, parti] hard core
2. (= actionnaires) group of shareholders that protect a company from hostile takeover bids
Copyright © by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'noyau dur'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
De constituer un noyau dur de musiciens qui resterait d'une année sur l'autre.Le Monde (2002)
Ils ont identifié avec précision le " noyau dur " de leur désaccord.Le Monde (2000)
Trends of 'noyau dur'
In Common Usage. noyau dur is one of the 10000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage over:
'noyau dur' in Other Languages
British English: hard-core NOUN
You can refer to the members of a group who are the most committed to its activities as a hard core of members.
We've got a hard core of customers that have stood by us.
- American English: hard core
- Brazilian Portuguese: núcleo
- Chinese: 中坚分子
- European Spanish: (miembro) incondicional
- French: noyau dur
- German: harter Kern
- Italian: zoccolo duro
- Japanese: 中核
- Korean: 핵심 인물
- European Portuguese: núcleo
- Spanish: (miembro) incondicional
Translation of noyau dur from the Collins French to English Dictionary
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.
Study guides for every stage of your learning