English translation of 'abstêmio'
abstêmioabstêmia [absˈtemju, a]
2. (álcool) teetotal
masculine noun, feminine noun
2. teetotaller (BRIT), teetotaler (US)
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'abstêmio' in Other Languages
British English: teetotal /tiːˈtəʊtl/ ADJECTIVE
Someone who is teetotal does not drink alcohol.
He will not be having a celebratory drink, as he is teetotal.
- American English: teetotal
- Arabic: لا يَشْرَبُ الكُحُولِيَات
- Brazilian Portuguese: abstêmio
- Chinese: 滴酒不沾的
- Croatian: koji ne pije alkohol
- Czech: abstinentský
- Danish: afholds-
- Dutch: alcoholvrij
- European Spanish: abstemio
- Finnish: raivoraitis
- French: anti-alcool
- German: abstinent
- Greek: απέχων από οινοπνευματώδη
- Italian: astemio
- Japanese: 絶対禁酒の
- Korean: 절대 금주의
- Norwegian: totalavholds
- Polish: abstynencki
- European Portuguese: abstémio
- Romanian: antialcoolic
- Russian: трезвенник
- Spanish: abstemio
- Swedish: nykterhets-
- Thai: เกี่ยวกับเลิกเหล้าอย่างสิ้นเชิง
- Turkish: Yeşilaycı
- Ukrainian: той, що не п'є
- Vietnamese: không uống rượu
Translation of abstêmio from the Collins Portuguese to English Dictionary
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.