English translation of 'Antilhas'
plural feminine noun
as Antilhas the West Indies
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'Antilhas' in Other Languages
British English: West Indies /wɛst ˈɪndɪz/ NOUN
The West Indies is a group of islands off Central America, extending in an arc from Florida to Venezuela, separating the Caribbean Sea from the Atlantic Ocean.
- American English: West Indies
- Arabic: جُزُرُ الهِنْد الغَرْبِيَّة
- Brazilian Portuguese: Antilhas
- Chinese: 西印度群岛
- Croatian: Karibi
- Czech: Karibik
- Danish: Vestindien
- Dutch: West-Indië
- European Spanish: Antillas
- Finnish: Länsi-Intia
- French: Antilles
- German: Westindische Inseln
- Greek: Δυτικές Ινδίες
- Italian: Indie occidentali
- Japanese: 西インド諸島
- Korean: 서인도 제도
- Norwegian: Vestindia
- Polish: Indie Zachodnie
- European Portuguese: Antilhas
- Romanian: Indiile de Vest
- Russian: Вест-Индия
- Spanish: Antillas
- Swedish: Västindien
- Thai: หมู่เกาะอินเดียตะวันตกในทะเลแคริบเบียน
- Turkish: Batı Hint Adaları
- Ukrainian: Карибські острови
- Vietnamese: Tây Ấn
Translation of Antilhas from the Collins Portuguese to English
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.