English translation of 'boleia'
1. (de caminhão) cab
2. (Portugal: carona) lift
dar uma boleia a alguém (Portugal) to give sb a lift
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'boleia' in Other Languages
British English: lift /lɪft/ NOUN
in car If you give someone a lift, you drive them from one place to another.
- American English: ride free ride
- Arabic: يُوَصِلُ شَخْصاً بِالْسِيَارَةِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: carona
- Chinese: 搭车
- Croatian: povesti autom
- Czech: svezení
- Danish: lift
- Dutch: lift gratis meerijden
- European Spanish: llevar en coche
- Finnish: kyyti
- French: emmener
- German: Mitfahrgelegenheit
- Greek: δωρεάν μεταφορά με το αυτοκίνητο
- Italian: passaggio
- Japanese: 人を車に乗せてあげること free ride
- Korean: (차에) 태워 주기
- Norwegian: skyss
- Polish: podwiezienie
- European Portuguese: boleia
- Romanian: călătorie cu mașina
- Russian: подвезти
- Spanish: llevar en carro aventón
- Swedish: skjuts
- Thai: การโดยสารไปด้วย
- Turkish: birini arabayla evine bırakma
- Ukrainian: просування
- Vietnamese: sự đi nhờ xe
Translation of boleia from the Collins Portuguese to English Dictionary
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.