English translation of 'check-up'
Word forms: plural check-ups
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
'check-up' in Other Languages
British English: check-up /ˈtʃɛkʌp/ NOUN
A check-up is a routine examination by a doctor or dentist.
The disease was detected during a routine check-up.
- American English: checkup
- Arabic: فَحْص طِبِّي عام
- Brazilian Portuguese: check-up
- Chinese: 检查
- Croatian: pregled
- Czech: prohlídka lékařská
- Danish: undersøgelse
- Dutch: medisch onderzoek
- European Spanish: chequeo
- Finnish: lääkärintarkastus
- French: examen médical
- German: Untersuchung Arzt
- Greek: τσεκάπ
- Italian: visita di controllo
- Japanese: 検査
- Korean: 검사 검사
- Norwegian: kontroll
- Polish: badania kontrolne
- European Portuguese: check-up
- Romanian: control de rutină
- Russian: осмотр
- Spanish: comprobación
- Swedish: läkarundersökning
- Thai: การตรวจสุขภาพ
- Turkish: sağlık kontrolü
- Ukrainian: огляд
- Vietnamese: sự kiểm tra sức khỏe
Translation of check-up from the Collins Portuguese to English Dictionary
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Study guides for every stage of your learning journey
Whether you're in search of a crossword puzzle, a detailed guide to tying knots, or tips on writing the perfect college essay, Harper Reference has you covered for all your study needs.